Click image to enlarge
Oil on panel
Signed; inscribed with title verso
13 3/4 x 17 3/4 ins (33 x 45 cms)
Private collection, UK
Cadell first visited the Inner Hebridean island of Iona in 1912, and from 1913 onwards it was his regular destination for the summer painting season, and a second home.
In this present work Cadell has captured the view from the North End looking out towards Ben More. The 'Finger' rocks are to the left in the middle distance.